Whonix Workstation XFCE-15.0.1.5.4 - File Manager interface issues during saving of downloaded file by the browser

Greetings,
on a fresh Whonix Workstation XFCE on VirtualBox I noted that, if I open the browser and I download a file, then I choose to save it, when the FIle Manager interface will be opened, the main window is on the “Browser” folder.

The problem is that, if we try to click on “Home” or “Desktop” voices on the left pane, nothing happens.

If we click on “Other Locations”->“Computer”, then we click again on either Home or Desktop, the focus will come back to “Browser” folder (the complete path of the Browser folder should be /home/user/.tb/tor-browser/Browser.

Are you able to reproduce the same issue?

Thank you

Tor Browser Essentials ?

@Patrick
For example, when I download a file and I want to save it on the machine, I have this window:

The problem is that, if I click on the left, on “Home”, it continues to link me to “Browser” folder.

And if I click on “Desktop” on the left, the result is the same:

Only “Other Locations” button works well. Indeed if you click on Other Locations->Computer and then click on “Home” or “Desktop”, you will get always the “Browser” folder as shown in the images above.

1 Like

Could you compare with non-Whonix please?
I.e. Debian buster with Xfce desktop environment + Tor Browser Bundle.

Sure, I used this version: https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-10.9.0-amd64-xfce.iso and I installed on it the Tor Browser Bundle.

The issue is continuing to be:

If I click on “Home” in the left pane:

If I click on “Desktop” in the left pane:

1 Like

I.e. reproducible outside of Whonix.

In that case, could you please report a bug against Xfce and/or Tor Browser?

I’d avoid mentioning Whonix to avoid confusion - since this bug happens independently of Whonix.

1 Like