Whonix Wallpaper

OK. What if we choose a wallpaper, run it through Qubes’s Trusted PDF converter and then use it?

I would argue that this is actually more secure than using default KDE since we are actively looking at this attack vector instead of relying on others do it for us.

[quote=“Occq, post:1, topic:742”]OK. What if we choose a wallpaper, run it through Qubes’s Trusted PDF converter and then use it?

I would argue that this is actually more secure than using default KDE since we are actively looking at this attack vector instead of relying on others do it for us.[/quote]
Does it actually work for our use case?

Convert jpeg’s / png’s to what? To bmp?

WhonixQubes could answer that best.

I’ve haven’t used the Qubes Trusted PDF Converter yet, so don’t know much about it.

Very briefly scanned this post on it:

Could be wrong on conclusions here:

Looks like it converts PDFs into RGB pixel representations (removes text) and makes a simple/dumb/flat image based PDF file.

Also mentions this about images:

The converter can also be used to convert essentially any image file, such as JPEG, PNG, etc, into a PDF, using the same method.

So maybe it would be useful in your process of filtering an image…

IMG → TRUSTED PDF → IMG

Assuming there was a trusted way to convert the trusted pdf back to an image.

What is the advantage of using the Trusted PDF tool over just doing a screenshot from dom0? Do you hope to preserve higher resolution that way?