whonix newbie needing help with streaming

hi there.
i’ve got whonix sending tor through my vpn on my windows desktop,think its working but won’t always stream vids.
just gives some kind of error on vid saying that if it doesn’t work i should restart or something…as you can probly tell i’m not that technically minded.
it worked at first though n haven’t changed anything since,can anyone plz tell me where i might be going wrong?

thanx in advance

Good day,

There would be multiple things to know here before anyone can make a proper assessment. What video platform are we talking about? Do you always deactivate NoScript? Which mode is set on TorButton? Are there massive differences in the throughput shown by arm between the times when it works and the times when it doesn’t?

Have a nice day,

Ego

1 Like

well i’m just trying to stream stuff on youtube. i’ve got privacy and security settings on default low and i temporarily disable noscript for the page that has the video each time.

as for the throughput i’m not really sure how i can check that as no video’s will stream now even though it will link to all web pages just fine

Good day,

Like mentioned in my last response, this can be accomplished by watching arm. Also, is there any specific error you get?

Have a nice day,

Ego

1 Like

there are a few error i think highlighted in arm. says config values are missing from torrc, HiddenServiceStatistics, RunAsDaemon. also says to add DisableDebuggerAttachment 0.

could this be the problem?

also says torrc values differ on lines 15 16 and no armc loaded

Like this? user → vpn → tor → youtube

Using Tor Browser inside Whonix Workstation?

What is the error, exactly?

1 Like

i’m using tor browser on whonix workstation,with tor sent through my vpn on my windows desktop using its network lock. the vids don’t always give an error,sometimes they just load the first screen but don’t play

Control and Monitor Tor

you use vpn on your windows and then in your windows you installed whonix with tor inside.

1. your vpn can produce problems with video streaming

2. tor/noscript settings can produce problems with video streaming