Whonix immutable clones with persistence

This setup is based from tempest’s great guide (most current version still in beta): http://yuxv6qujajqvmypv.onion/betadownload.html > p379-433 which is listed in topic: Whonix Forum and whonix wiki content based on .vdi creation which I cannot find the link to.

I cloned my Gateway and Workstation using Virtual Box then set them as “immutable” drives. Next a “storage” folder was created in the Workstation and set as “writethrough” so it persists through each new use.
With this setup, every time I start the cloned Gateway and Workstation (called Gateway [Mitigated] and Workstation [Mitigated] in tempest’s guide) it loads the most current snapshot of the cloned/[Mitigated] drives and the only thing that saves data through each restart is the storage folder created. Everything else is reverted to the most recent snapshot. I am trying to understand the potential dangers of doing this.

-By using these cloned drives which load the current snapshot, will it be easier to de-anonymize me?
-Will I be assigned the same Tor exit nodes/circuits every time until I create a new snapshot?
-Does Whonix normally keep the same Tor nodes/circuits every start up or does it establish new ones each start?
-Would it be advised to restart/reload Tor on each bootup of the cloned Gateway, or would that serve no purpose?
-Any other potential risks anyone can think of to this kind of setup?

Sorry if I am misunderstanding how something operates, this stuff is tricky for me.

Multifaceted questions.

Whonix - Overview applies.

Therefore I advice to wipe the “Whonix” specificness part from your questions and to rephrase these questions as system Tor and/or TBB in a VM questions. Then you can ask about this on the tor-talk mailing list. Does that make sense?

-Does Whonix normally keep the same Tor nodes/circuits every start up or does it establish new ones each start?
Default mode. https://www.whonix.org/wiki/FAQ#Does_Whonix_modify_Tor.3F
-Would it be advised to restart/reload Tor on each bootup of the cloned Gateway, or would that serve no purpose?
Probably no purpose.

Yes, I think it makes sense. The links you posted explains well.

I think I had the idea Whonix configured the Tor scripts a certain way each boot. I’m trying to think of how my question may still apply. I can’t really see how a VM cloned debian + tbb which reloads to the same snapshot each boot would be any more dangerous than a persistent volume of debian + tbb with a timesync implemented. I’ll try to think on it some more and pose it to tor help list if I can come up with something worthwhile.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks a lot.

Most of your questions still apply, I think. As far of as Tor is concerned certainly.

Appreciated also if you left a link here once posted and/or share relevant results.