WHonix Error

Hey Adrelanos,Im still enjoi Whonix and good job !
But everything not so simple with bulletproof Whonix,you and your team make it better every time,anyway,always there is a ways to make better,nothing perfect.

Some days ago i upgraded my 7 workstation to 7.7.2 newer version, yes i saw some good new changes,and also errorrs.

This is error from workstation:

####################################################################

BEGIN ERROR in /usr/share/whonix/postinst.d/70_uwt detected!

ERROR LOG:

/bin/readlink
/usr/bin/gpg
/usr/bin/gpg.real
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Jan 26 11:11 /usr/bin/gpg -> /usr/lib/whonix/uwtwrapper
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 993276 Jan 7 11:15 /usr/bin/gpg.real
/usr/lib/whonix/uwtwrapper
Removing 'diversion of /usr/bin/apt-get to /usr/bin/apt-get.real by whonix-workstation-files’
Adding 'diversion of /usr/bin/apt-get to /usr/bin/apt-get.real by whonix-workstation-files’
Removing 'diversion of /usr/bin/curl to /usr/bin/curl.real by whonix-workstation-files’
Adding 'diversion of /usr/bin/curl to /usr/bin/curl.real by whonix-workstation-files’
Removing 'diversion of /usr/bin/git to /usr/bin/git.real by whonix-workstation-files’
Adding 'diversion of /usr/bin/git to /usr/bin/git.real by whonix-workstation-files’
Removing 'diversion of /usr/bin/gpg to /usr/bin/gpg.real by whonix-workstation-files’
Adding 'diversion of /usr/bin/gpg to /usr/bin/gpg.real by whonix-workstation-files’
Removing 'diversion of /usr/bin/mixmaster-update to /usr/bin/mixmaster-update.real by whonix-workstation-files’
Adding 'diversion of /usr/bin/mixmaster-update to /usr/bin/mixmaster-update.real by whonix-workstation-files’
Removing 'diversion of /usr/bin/rawdog to /usr/bin/rawdog.real by whonix-workstation-files’
Adding 'diversion of /usr/bin/rawdog to /usr/bin/rawdog.real by whonix-workstation-files’
Removing 'diversion of /usr/bin/ssh to /usr/bin/ssh.real by whonix-workstation-files’
Adding 'diversion of /usr/bin/ssh to /usr/bin/ssh.real by whonix-workstation-files’
Removing 'diversion of /usr/bin/wget to /usr/bin/wget.real by whonix-workstation-files’
Adding ‘diversion of /usr/bin/wget to /usr/bin/wget.real by whonix-workstation-files’
Removing ‘diversion of /usr/bin/aptitude to /usr/bin/aptitude.real by whonix-workstation-postinst’
dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting /usr/bin/aptitude' with different file/usr/bin/aptitude.real’, not allowed
dpkg-divert: error: diversion of /usr/bin/aptitude to /usr/bin/aptitude.real by whonix-workstation-files' clashes withdiversion of /usr/bin/aptitude to /usr/bin/aptitude.real by whonix-workstation-postinst’

BASH_COMMAND: dpkg-divert --add --rename --divert “$file_name.real” “$file_name”

EXIT_CODE: 2

END ERROR in /usr/share/whonix/postinst.d/70_uwt detected!

Please report this Whonix bug!

run-parts: /usr/share/whonix/postinst.d/70_uwt exited with return code 1

BASH_COMMAND: run-parts --verbose --exit-on-error “/usr/share/whonix/postinst.d”

EXIT_CODE: 1

END ERROR in /var/lib/dpkg/info/whonix-workstation-files.postinst detected!

Please report this Whonix bug!

dpkg: error processing package whonix-workstation-files (–configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
whonix-workstation-files
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Also tryed to upgrade gateway,but even no luck with it,nothing happen.

Im interested when you planning to release stable version,you post in you blog that you mistaken with jessie (testing) and next stable release would be based on stable debian,this is rigth?
Hearing news from you.

Thank you for testing. The bug will be fixed in the next test version. That blog post is correct. The version you could test there is still based on Debian testing. That test helped to test whonixcheck, timesync, Tor Browser download script etc. That test version was supposed to become an upgrade for Whonix 7. But due to that bug, there will be no upgraded for Whonix 7. Next version will be Whonix 8.

Whonix has been ported to Debian stable at a later point.

I am currently testing 7.7.6.4. If it’s nothing it totally broken (package manager broken), I might upload a new test version today.

Its ok,testing a little i can do right now,also we all.
WE are,those who using Whonix,could improve in some ways,who can do,(ideas,info and so on),thats why we using it,YOU ARE developing Whonix for those who interested in it,other people just using windoousz ))),so its ok,everything is ok !!!