VPN-Tor-VPN setup

First off, I love the Qubes / Whonix package, very excited for RC 4 official release. Thank you to any of the developers if you’re reading.

So this setup : sys-net -> sys-firewall -> sys-VPN1 (proxyVM) -> sys-whonix (proxyVM from whonix-gw) -> whonix-ws (appVM from whonix-ws). This works fine.

So this setup : sys-net -> sys-firewall -> sys-VPN1 (proxyVM) -> sys-VPN2 (proxyVM) -> sys-whonix (proxyVM from whonix-gw) -> whonix-ws (appVM from whonix-ws). Also this works fine.

So this setup : sys-net -> sys-firewall -> sys-VPN1 (proxyVM) -> sys-whonix (proxyVM from whonix-gw) -> sys-VPN2 (proxyVM) -> (plan to create here appVMs HVMs whatever). I can’t figure how to get this to work as I want.

The VPN proxyVMs are created using the CLI method from Qubes official Docs (which are great docs also). In the final setup, when I check the public IP of VPN2 proxyVM it is a Tor IP. Not my VPN IP. Yes I know I can setup VPN2 inside whonix-ws appVM, but I prefer the Qubes approach.

So how can I make proxyVM based on whonix-gw through tor work? For if I want to run example Kali HVMs over VPN-Tor-VPN.

Hi @ChezenOnion

Have you applied the changes to Whonix-ws to Prevent By-Passing of the Tunnel Link.

https://whonix.org/wiki/Tunnels/Connecting_to_Tor_before_a_VPN#Prevent_Bypassing_of_the_Tunnel-Link

You may also want to try configuring VPN2 without VPN1 and see if you can get it functional. It will be easier to trouble shoot that way.

Any update on this ?

What update were you expecting?

This use-case works fine (as of Qubes 3.2 / Whonix-13).

1. Disable torrification in your workstation apps. (includes any local proxies, stream isolation)
  2. Ensure your exit proxy is using TCP.

Hello,

Guyz, If you found any difficulty related to VPN setup, please just have a look on fastest VPN. Its so easy interms of installations and offered the finest services among all VPN services provider.
{link removed by @0brand - moderator} Please no advertisements!