VM won't boot (SOLVED)

I have kvm with virt-manager installed on Linux Mint 17. I followed the instructions but get an error when I start the VM. See below. Anybody know how it can be fixed? If not then I’m going back to Virtualbox. Thanks.

Error starting domain: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: file_ram_alloc: can’t mmap RAM pages: Cannot allocate memory

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py”, line 96, in cb_wrapper
callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py”, line 117, in tmpcb
callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py”, line 1162, in startup
self._backend.create()
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libvirt.py”, line 866, in create
if ret == -1: raise libvirtError (‘virDomainCreate() failed’, dom=self)
libvirtError: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: file_ram_alloc: can’t mmap RAM pages: Cannot allocate memory

Please remove both whonix vm first. Then edit the xml configuration files for the gateway and workstation you got from the tar.gz folder following the instructions here Whonix ™ for KVM
I need you to edit out the tags and the hugepagetables setting in between.
Then re-import them.

It worked. VM boots up normally now. Thanks a bunch!

Was it the host OS that caused the error? The edit you said isn’t listed anywhere.

Was it the host OS that caused the error? The edit you said isn't listed anywhere.

Did it work without edits to the config? The snippets I saw on the web suggest the problem is related to KVM’s use of libhugetlbfs.

Did it work without edits to the config? The snippets I saw on the web suggest the problem is related to KVM's use of libhugetlbfs.

No, it didn’t work without the edits to the config. Everything went smooth until I tried to boot the VM from virt-manager. I followed the instructions to a “T”. Here are the apps that were install for KVM: libvirt-bin, qemu-kvm, qemu-system, virt-manager, spice-client, and python-spice-client-gtk. There were a bunch of dependencies that were also installed with those.

Thanks again.