two terminals shortcuts with one right click (whonix specific)

when u click “right click” inside whonix files (anywhere) it will show up two terminals:-

uploaded to the upstream:-

Please state the name of the file manager.

Please state the name of the file manager.

aaa not sure if i got what do u mean by it. sorry but can u give a hint on what is “file manager”.

Dolphin? Thunar? Otherwise?

Qubes KDE , Dolphin

Screenshot looks like Nautilus.

Nautilus wasn’t installed by default in my fresh Whonix-WS-12.

Whonix-WS-12 Dolphin works fine here.

Nautilus in my Debian-8 VMs doesn’t have this issue either.

Are you running Whonix-11 that was upgraded to 12?

well actually this is Qubes OS , so whonix is kinda UI because it doesnt use its file manager but Whonix uses QUbes instead.

so i have installed Qubes with its default KDE. which mean im using dolphin.

one thing might im mistaking in , Qubes doesnt use dolphin witha KDE? which is unlikely.

Qubes dom0 (KDE): No file manager installed.
Fedora-23 Template (Gnome): uses Nautilus
Debian-8 Template (Gnome): uses Nautilus
Whonix-12 GW & WS (KDE): uses Dolphin

IIRC, Whonix-11 installed both Nautilus & Dophin, so upgrading that to 12 might have caused your issue?

Qubes dom0 (KDE): No file manager installed.
Fedora-23 Template (Gnome): uses Nautilus
Debian-8 Template (Gnome): uses Nautilus
Whonix-12 GW & WS (KDE): uses Dolphin

hmm , what im pretty sure from is that i dont have any gnome in my Qubes. i chooses to install only KDE when i have installed Qubes into my pc. i do have plasma and plasma comes with KDE (unity with gnome). see:-

IIRC, Whonix-11 installed both Nautilus & Dophin, so upgrading that to 12 might have caused your issue?

i have started fresh whonix 12 in order to test things from ground zero. so i didnt upgrade whonix 11 to whonix 12.

but the good question is, might be that whonix and qubes (fedora) both of them having KDE installed inside them so they r crushing each other or giving multiple same shortcuts names ?

The UI you see on your desktop is provided by KWin Window Manager which is a part of the KDE Desktop Environment you installed to your Qubes dom0.

Remember though that each VM you create is a self-contained OS that can each have its own Desktop Environment. Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it isn’t there. Try running gnome-control-center in one of your Fedora-23 VM terminals.

i have started fresh whonix 12 in order to test things from ground zero. so i didnt upgrade whonix 11 to whonix 12.

Strange, I don’t have Nautilus in my Whonix VMs. Are you sure you are launching Files program from your Whonix VMs? and not from sys-net?

Strange, I don’t have Nautilus in my Whonix VMs. Are you sure you are launching Files program from your Whonix VMs? and not from sys-net?

yeah the normal stages. Qubes VM Manager then press start button = whonix working.

but regarding whonix 12 and its “File Manager” inside Qubes im not sure how to answer it. maybe @Patrick has better explanation for this.