Trouble with Virtual Machine Manager.

So, I’ve been trying to install KVM on my Ubuntu MATE distribution, but for whatever reason, whonix has very limited support for Linux distributions besides debian. I installed the three programs they said I’d need, and when I found the Virtual Machine Manager interface, I got the following message:

Verify that:

• The ‘libvirt-bin’ package is installed
  • The ‘libvirtd’ daemon has been started
  • You are member of the ‘libvirtd’ group

Now, I’ve very good at following direction, but I have a limited understanding of programming. I have a basic understanding of how the terminal works, but I need pretty detailed instructions to make things work. I’d really appreciate anyone’s help and patience.

Good day,

Sorry, but where did you get that from? Whonix is compatible with most Linux distributions, including any derivate of Ubuntu.

This here has nothing to do with Whonix (which at this point in time hasn’t even been started). It is an error caused by certain dependencies which are in no way related to this project, but rather KVM in it of itself.

Did you restart after installing libvirt? If not, please try it. If that doesn’t work, regard this: virtualization - virt-manager can't connect to libvirt - Ask Ubuntu

Have a nice day,

Ego