torbirdy replacement

But the enigmail settings can be removed?

I need to see all of the thunderbird related configs. The repo search functions seem to have been messed up by MS lately. Then I have to see what the new options are for similar encryption settings set by Tails.

1 Like

OK figured out all the changes needed and will commit soon.

Note that
/etc/thunderbird/pref/30_whonix.js may also be obsolete?

1 Like

Note for self: all TB files are in this package:

1 Like

Usability impact only:

/usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird.cfg was lacking

pref(“mailnews.start_page.enabled”, false);

but config/chroot_local-includes/usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird.cfg ¡ stable ¡ tails / tails ¡ GitLab has it

Was this on purpose?

Added just now.

Yeah.

pref(“extensions.torbirdy.gpg_already_torified”, true);

Since torbirdy was deprecated, is no longer installed and torbirdy isn’t to be found in about:config we can be confident that it can be removed.

Best to remove the setting (minor cleanup) but keep the rest of the file just in case for the future?

Yes it was because it is already in the master settings file /etc/thunderbird/pref/40_thunderbird.js

I added this before they did

1 Like

You mean you want this file dedicated to encryption settings? I think it is more work and redundancy since everything is just dumped in the main file. If you want to keep the comments around as a reference, just go ahead and move them in

/etc/thunderbird/pref/40_thunderbird.js

under one of the native encryption prefs

1 Like

No, I didn’t mean that.

Yes. Just a file without settings. Comments only for further use.
Might be needed because Debian pushes major updates to Thunderbird (and Firefox) even in Debian stable.

Done.