Tor Messenger on Whonix

No way.

but something that the other person knows what the im client I use, gives him the ability to calculate my ip, if I use qubes-whonix?

Good day,

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand what you mean. Your Connection still goes through Tor…

Have a nice day,

Ego

No, you cannot calculate systray icon to IP. But when someone is shoulder surfing you, why do you care about your IP…

I disidentov Ukrainian. the power of our tyrants. that’s temporarily hiding

I downloaded the tor messenger, but I can not download the checksums, I click on the link and the file is not downloaded but just opens. In the messenger there is no plugin otr

Please ask Tor Project about it as per Self Support First Policy for Whonix.

as some of you may be aware, there is a relatively nasty bug involving tor messenger and kde that causes a random crash if one clicks on any of the menus in the contact list window. there is a fix that i missed mentioned in one of the bug tickets on the tor bug tracker which seems to be working fine.

open a terminal and type “sudo apt-get install qtcurve”. then click on the k start button, select “system settings” and then double click on “application appearance.” in the pulldown window next to “widget style,” select “qtcurve.” Then, click the apply button and close the system settings window.

qtcurve is a theme package to bridge issues between gnome and kde themes. since doing this, i have yet to experience a single crash in tor messenger.

3 Likes