Tor Browser Integration

This is now in all repositories.

1. Whonix home page doesnā€™t load, to reproduce open tor browser in qubes whonix appvm or dispvm, the local homepage tries to ā€œloadā€ forever

2. Whonix home page doesnā€™t load when getting new identity, to reproduce hit new identity in browser, the default tor home page loads

I can reproduce the same issue.

Duplicate of:

I think there are two issues being conflated here.

1. is a more recent issue that occurred after the release of 13.5.5 and when it occurs viewing the circuits on Whonix-Gateway with onioncircuits shows a repetition of a new circuit being created with a stream to a link-local IPv6 address being repeatedly created.

What is interesting is on a fresh install of 13.5.5 it does not occur right away but after some time of Tor Browser being open and is persistent (e.g when restarting Tor Browser).

1. I consider New Identity having distinct behavior to be a known issue that either needs to be acknowledged or corrected upstream. There is also concern over the window resolution being different as compared to a cold start of Tor Browser.
1 Like

After further testing I have reported this on the Tor Browser issue tracker.

1 Like

Related?

That matches my findings.

1 Like

Issue has been corrected in NoScript version 11.4.2. Unfortunately it did not make it into Tor Browser release 13.5.7 and the extension update was delayed.

I had to ask AMO admins for an expedite review, which then came in ~12 hours, but they told me they were swamped with their queue.

BTW, weā€™ve got some plans for a separate update channel dedicated to the Tor Browser, stay tuned.

At any rate, even if it didnā€™t ship with 13.5.7 (which was an emergency release and couldnā€™t wait), by now most users should have NoScript 11.4.42 unless they explicitly disabled extensions updates.

1 Like
/home/user/.tb/tor-browser/Browser/start-tor-browser --verbose --allow-remote
XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /home/user/.tb/tor-browser/Browser/libxul.so:
libdbus-glib-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Couldn't load XPCOM.

ā†’

Fixed.

1 Like