sudo apt update - "NO_PUBKEY CB8D50BB77BB3C48"

Hey all -

I’ve installed Monero on Ubuntu through Whonix’s repository, but as of late my sudo apt update has been giving me the following error:

The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY CB8D50BB77BB3C48

How can I fix this? I see Apt GPG error - signature could not be verified from 2014 where @Patrick said he had to update his key, but I’m not sure if it’s the same issue.

Can provide more info as needed, not sure what else could be helpful at this stage though.

Fixed.

1 Like

Thanks, looks like it’s working now. If it ever happens again I’ll make a new post :smile:

A post was split to a new topic: Err:11 https://deb.whonix.org buster InRelease - signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available:

This is very context specific. What exactly did you do?

There is no issue with Whonix repository currently.

There is no general “NO_PUBKEY” error. I couldn’t fix all the “NO_PUBKEY” errors in the world.

If other repositories such as the I2P repository has this issue then this can only be fixed by the maintainer of the respective repository.

Such as, if it’s the I2P related issue which was recently brought up, see the respective forum thread:

For Kicksecure issues, please use:

You most likely forgot this step:
Install Kicksecure ™ inside Debian chapter Add the Kicksecure ™ Signing Key in Kicksecure wiki

1 Like

thank you. got it! i will delete my messages