stremio media center does not start

Not sure if this is related but I am trying to run “stremio” (media center) and it doesn’t run either. After installing it (sudo apt install ./stremio_4.4.116-1_amd64.deb ) , I click on the Stremio icon in the Start menu and nothing happens.

I am running VirtualBox Version 6.1.6 r137129 (Qt5.6.2). Whonix-XFCE-15.0.1.3.4. Linux host 4.19.0-8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.98-1+deb10u1 (2020-04-27) x86_64. Thanks.

Similar to Problems after upgrading Whonix - cannot full size Whonix-Workstation screen - #10 by Patrick

Try to start from command line (terminal emulator) to see more debug output.

stremio: nobody ever asked about this. Unlikely someone here has experience with it.

Try sort out as per Self Support First Policy for Whonix - meaning try to reproduce this one (minimal) Debian buster (XFCE). See if the same thing happens. If so: use upstream (original developer) support resources to get help.

Alternative: use software available from packages.debian.org. Much easier and much higher chance it would work out of the box.

Also if it must be Stremio, I see a flatpak on their website. Maybe that would work easier.

Simplified: Software from other sources than packages.debian.org… In other words software from other sources than sudo apt install package-name is often more difficult to install due to dependencies.

Documented here:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Problems after upgrading Whonix - cannot full size Whonix-Workstation screen