SecureDrop Journalist Workstation based on Qubes-Whonix

SecureDrop is using Whonix-Qubes:

Hope someone can document that into our wiki with further testing.

maybe testing as well non-qubes-whonix as well.

3 Likes

If someone wanted to give it a go it would be great. Might be a good idea to wait a until the bugs/shortcomings are worked out before thinking about adding to wiki.

This project is under active development, has known bugs and shortcomings, and is not ready for end users. This README is geared towards interested technical users and developers.

1 Like

Hi @nurmagoz,

There is a bit of info on the Windows page i.e. MacOS section towards the bottom. I took out the best info from the GNU page and put it there. It could be expanded, but I’m trying to work on other stuff (although short of time at the minute)

Yes, agreed.

Whoops, I removed that TODO too early… :slight_smile: Good work you’re doing there

I think we should reference that on whichever pages talks about who uses Whonix (or good references page i.e. one where the guy thanks Patrick for firewall rules or similar).

If these guys use Whonix in the chain for SecureDrop, then that is a solid recommendation we should highlight, yes?

2 Likes

i believe yes.

2 Likes

The road towards an integrated SecureDrop Workstation could be mentioned as “others are building on top of Whonix” somewhere. Not for functionality. For project self-description purposes.

Also Qubes Partners | Qubes OS could mention “Whonix is a partner of Qubes” somewhere.

2 Likes

We should have a wiki page set up for this purpose. Well respected projects that build/use Whonix.

@nurmagoz

Missing the Whonix logo → https://qubes-os.org/partners/#whonix

Interested in logo pull request? :slight_smile:

0brand TODOs

• Finish Qubes/DisVMs
  • Need to get moving on staff lounge task
  • Tester Page
  • Qubes Split Tor Browser
  • @nurmagoz screenshot
  • Update Qubes/Uninstall with new page Reinstall TemplateVM R4.0
  • New wiki page - Well respected projects that build/use Whonix?
  • Reproduce Whonix 13 → Whonix 14 /var/lib/tor/.tor
  • Miss anything??

Anything that you would like me to do “priority” please let me know.

2 Likes

0brand:

We should have a wiki page set up for this purpose. Well respected projects that build/use Whonix.

Not sure we have enough content for that?

Perhaps suitable (multiple possible):

@nurmagoz

Missing the Whonix logo → https://qubes-os.org/partners/#whonix

Interested in logo pull request? :slight_smile:

Visible for me. (Seeing Whonix with Tor networking logo.

0brand TODOs

• Finish Qubes/DisVMs
  • Need to get moving on staff lounge task
  • Tester Page
  • Qubes Split Tor Browser
  • @nurmagoz screenshot
  • Update Qubes/Uninstall with new page Reinstall TemplateVM R4.0
  • New wiki page - Well respected projects that build/use Whonix?
  • Reproduce Whonix 13 → Whonix 14 /var/lib/tor/.tor
  • Miss anything??

Anything that you would like me to do “priority” please let me know.

Could you prioritize Update Qubes/Uninstall with new page Reinstall TemplateVM R4.0 please? Could be huge source for issues. Everything
else is perfect.

2 Likes

Hi Patick

Very odd. No Scripts/HTPS Everywhere disabled and log still will not render. :thinking:

Will do. Looking back, this likely contributed to (numerous?) support requests.

Edit: Whonix and Freedom of the Press Foundation are the only 2 logos that will not render on Qubes Partners | Qubes OS

2 Likes