[quote=“Patrick, post:189, topic:1137”]Looks good so far, but the port auto detection needs more work.
if port_number == '':
port_number = '9108'
That should default to 9050 to support non-Whonix distributions where Tor by default lists only on 9050. And above the fallback code, if Whonix is detected (i.e. if folder /usr/share/whonix exists) -> port -> 9108.[/quote]
The script follows the same logic for ip and port settings, that is:
- if PROXY_IP commented in configuration (ip_address = ’ ') -> autodetect ip, else use PROXY_IP value.
- if PROXY_PORT commented in configuration (port_number = ’ ') -> use Whonix default 9108, else use PROXY_PORT value.
We should revert the logic to make it default to 9050.
- prerequisite_check message should start with "prerequisite_check:" or something like this so we can identify, that messages are coming form that check.
- I think temp_dir needs to be deleted afterwards. Otherwise we create a million of those. It would be best to create it just once globally during
startup and delete it on exit.
- Do we want to support with/without having anon-shared-helper-scripts installed?
– If no -> needs “Depends: anon-shared-helper-scripts”
– If yes -> Skip if that file is not executable.
– Support outside of Whonix would be difficult, since setting up ControlPort access would have to be set up, which is difficult in the absence of the tor.d config folder feature.
temp_dir created on start and removed in sigterm handler.
prereqisite_check run only if “/usr/lib/anon-shared-helper-scripts/te_pe_tb_check” exists (instead of [if file executable]).