Qubes-whonix - Whonix on top of Qubes - Looking for Maintainer!

[html]

WhonixQubes, the previous maintainer of qubes-whonix unfortunately resigned.

qubes-whonix is the combination of Qubes and Whonix.

What are the tasks of a maintainer?

– answering questions in the forums

– keeping the wiki up to date

– testing of installation, build, upgrade instructions

– having a look at the issue tracker, implementing bug fixes and perhaps new features in team with nrgaway and other contributors

– otherwise self-initiated (guess)work and care keeping- example current task: Qubes Whonix 10 – Testing Instructions and Issues

This is a volunteer position.

Forum discussion:

https://www.whonix.org/forum/index.php/topic,1198.0.html

[/html]

I am new to Whonix & Qubes, but I come from a IT background & have a high knowledge of Windows, Mac & Various Linux Distro’s.

I am currently moving on to Qubes OS & Whonix (My current set-up is Fedora & Whonix) and I aim to learn as much as there can be learned within the next week or two.

I’ll admit im in no possition right now to apply for this, but if there are no other applicants - I’m more than happy to help out!

Yes, that’s fine. Just slowly get into it. We won’t find someone who already knows everything. :wink:

would love to help,but i am a novice into programation.

In the other hands,i have many free time,and some good base into the Linux world.

What are the minimum skill that i need to become a maintainer?

I don’t think there is a minimum. This also doesn’t need to work on a apply now, be now basis. Just keep on learning and try being useful. Just as nrgaway did. At some point it becomes obvious who is active and helpful in this community.

Hey Patrick, I am really enthusiastic about this project and happy to contribute however best i can

for #1 - yes, to the extent that is within my ability
for #2 - yes, should be easy with the right guidance
for #3 - yes, should be fine with the right guidance
for #4 - perhaps above my skill set. But I am learning every day :slight_smile:

Let me know if I can be of any use

Depends what you mean by guidance. To the extend I am already doing it. See existing development discussions. Sure.