qcow2 should be normally moved or copied with --sparse=always ?

ok noob problem and most of people must have already noticed it.
I am installing whonix 13. on debian jessie as recommended by wiki.

I do not understand, I should only move the qcow2 templates to libvirt images folder or copy command is also necessary? I tried doing both first moved then copy just as explained on wiki. While copying it gives me error “cannot stat ‘Whonix-Gateway*.qcow2’: No such file or directory” because file does not exist in home folder anymore. What should I do next again extract the ‘.xz’ and then execute the copy command? or leave it as it is?

“Moving Whonix Image Files” this section is really confusing, at first it recommends not to copy but only move then it explains how --sparse=always is important and that is executed with copy command? what is going on?

I should only move the qcow2 templates to libvirt images folder

Yes.

The choice to copy vs move something is up to you. It comes down to whether you want to make back-ups or not.

at first it recommends not to copy but only move then it explains how --sparse=always is important and that is executed with copy command? what is going on?

sparse parameter makes sure that when its copied it doesn’t take up 100GB only its original size ~1GB

thank you for clarifying that HulaHoop, now I can go ahead with further steps. I am experiencing weird lag on (host)debian jessie kde 64bit. :frowning: