[HOME] [DOWNLOAD] [DOCS] [NEWS] [SUPPORT] [TIPS] [ISSUES] [DONATE]

Problem with Snap & wickr

Hi

I hope that someone have a few minutes over help me with a problem. I have installed Whonix with Virtualbox and using Win10 as host.

I have tried a few times to install Wickr me and Wickr Pro on Whonix but it always gives the same result.

user@host:~$ wickrpro
Could not find the database of available applications, run update-command-not-found as root to fix this
Sorry, command-not-found has crashed! Please file a bug report at:
A remove link to debian.Bugs.Reporting

Please include the following information with the report:

command-not-found version: 0.3
Python version: 3.7.3 final 0
Distributor ID: Debian
Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Release: 10
Codename: buster
Exception information:

local variable ‘cnf’ referenced before assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/share/command-not-found/CommandNotFound/util.py”, line 23, in crash_guard
callback()
File “/usr/lib/command-not-found”, line 93, in main
if not cnf.advise(args[0], options.ignore_installed) and not options.no_failure_msg:
UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘cnf’ referenced before assignment
user@host:~$

Do anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Ignore all of this output. The tool supposed yo advice when programs are missing (command-not-found) is broken. Same will happen for anything else auch as nonexistingprogramm too. Can be found using search function when entering error messages / command-not-foundm

Simply means the binary isn’t installed or not found in PATH.

Reboot required?

Can be resolved as per https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Free_Support_Principle

I have tried reboot both after installing snap and then again after installing wickr. I have tried all the things in [How-to: Use Wickr Me in Whonix ™]

But no luck with getting it to work. Always gives the same error message.

[Imprint] [Privacy Policy] [Cookie Policy] [Terms of Use] [E-Sign Consent] [DMCA] [Investors] [Priority Support] [Professional Support]