Please review: Generic Readme, How to install in Debian using apt-get

[This came to my mind in reference to the proverbial “sudo apt-get install whonix”; installing Whonix from APT repository.]

Generic Readme for Whonix’s packages on github has been updated. Especially the chapter How to install in Debian using apt-get has been updated. Please check if it makes sense.

(The Generic Readme is used within the github readme of every of Whonix’s packages on github [example package] [example readme]. - Not yet updated - will be done after review of the Generic Readme.)

There is one small grammar mistake but it makes sense.

By no means [b]you are[/b] required to use the binary version of this package.
should be [b] are you[/b]

Question: Are you going to implement that iptables exceoption suggested by Marek for all versions of Whonix? I’d urge you to reconsider as spoofing IP addresses is very easy and can fool firewalls.

Please don’t mix up topics.

[quote=“HulaHoop, post:2, topic:557”]There is one small grammar mistake but it makes sense.

Are you sure about that? I think you’re wrong.

By no means you are required to use the binary version of this package.
vs
By no means are you required to use the binary version of this package.

I guess you know the " " feature in search engines. “ministry” is just an arbitrarily chosen word to find likely some gov websites (ca, us, uk, anything) and I hope they are authorities on native English. For finding how they use either combination of words.

Search term:
“you are required to use” ministry
→ Used for sentences.

vs

Search term:
“are you required to use” ministry
→ Used for questions.

Please don't mix up topics.
ok should I open a separate thread?

I really didn’t want to sound like a grammar nazi but your response blows it out of proportion :slight_smile: I’m sure this is how the sentence should be formed but if you need someone else to confirm it that’s ok.

Maybe it’s best to use the existing thread, I think.