Tor Controller is not on the list but this onion-grater, a Tor Control Port Filter Proxy - filtering dangerous Tor Control Port commands - Design Documentation should be moved entirely to Control and Monitor Tor
The Control Proxy, or onion-grater should only have documentation related to its filter, the controller page should have the controller commands, the filter page should have explanation on how to filter, how to allow via profile etc, but not on how to connect.
Also, I fixed a bug recently on tor-ctrl to be able to run from the Workstation, so if you wish to test if a command is filtered or not, you can do through the command line to see what onion-grater lets through.
- will be the last one to be done so after the Dev wording is done for the
other pages, the simpler version can contain everything important for the
user in an easy vocabulary
- most important to mention onion-grater-add and onion-grater-remove and
onion-grater-list, this is what an user faces with already compatible
- source code not so important in the user facing page, maybe just keep it on
the Dev/onio-grater page.
- make the footnotes a topic, they are too big to be on the footnotes
- maybe merge this page with Dev/Control_Port_Filter_Proxy because the only
filter proxy is onion-grater
- improve debugging of onion-grater
- improve description of what commands do
- separate onion-grater to a distinct section
- remove mentions of Tor Control such as onion-grater, a Tor Control Port Filter Proxy - filtering dangerous Tor Control Port commands - Design Documentation
because this is already done on
Control and Monitor Tor
- merge this page with Dev/Control_Port_Filter_Proxy
- this page is difficult to find
- it should be on its own section of its parent page
Also, to each page, a good introduction.
I will do the changes to the Control_Port_Filter_Proxy but I believe it should be renamed to Dev/Onion-Grater as it is the only control proxy we have.