No network connection in "Other Operating Systems" (VMs)

I installed Whonix 10 in VirtualBox on Debian Jessie host + added Androidx86 in new VM and everything worked/connected just fine. Later I deleted Whonix 10 and installed Whonix 11 and it connected fine but Androidx86 wouldn’t connect. Same settings as before: “Internal Network” -> Name: “Whonix”

VirtualBox (Host TBB + Gateway + Workstation all connect)

• Installed Debian Jessie LiveCD into new VM -> no connection
  • Installed Mint LiveCD -> no connection

KVM (TBB + Gatway + Workstation connect)

• Installed Androidx86 into new VM -> no connection for “Internal Network” -> “Whonix”… but connects NAT
  • Installed Debian Jessie LiveCD into new VM -> no connection
  • Installed Mint LiveCD -> no connection

DHCP server is installed as per instructions in /wiki/OtherOperatingSystems

I really don’t know what else to try. Thank you.

Same problem here, no connection.
Please answer this.
Thank you

You’ve excluded interface addressing by trying DHCP (its OK for testing but dangerous otherwise) so my next guess is there is something wrong with the DNS settings. instead of using the GW Tor DNS resolution, software on the custom workstation insists on resolving thru their custom OS DNS stack which will always fail because its UDP.

Thank you for the reply. I’ve done a lot more reading before posting again but have not found an answer. This link https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Other_Operating_Systems#Whonix-Android-Workstation instructs user to install DHCP. I understand it to be a risk and would rather not use it. But how, then, do I get the Custom Workstation (Androidx86) to ‘see’ Whonix Gateway? Where do I begin?

Would using KVM be more secure regarding the DHCP issue?

I’m very new to networking and would love to learn more, so any explanations or further clarifications would be welcome. Thank you.

I don’t think there is a better solution.
(Frequently Asked Questions - Whonix FAQ)

Would using KVM be more secure regarding the DHCP issue?
No. (https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Dev/DHCP)

The security problems with DHCP are independent of the hypervisor used.

There could be a solution for configuring a static address on android: