My Current TODO (December 2014)

FYI:

Just a quick update on my current TODO work plan for December 2014.

First, right now, I’m currently extra busy with a work obligation that recently came up at my day job. That should complete in the next week or so, and then my time will be more freed up again to get back to some Whonix contributions. My day job is sometimes sporadic like that.

Here’s what I plan to be working on later this month for Whonix…

1. Finish up developing the new Whonix Welcome Page.
    Whonix Forum

2. Leak Test the new Experimental Whonix Qubes templates.
    Whonix Forum

3. Transition the Whonix Qubes Install Guides over to the new templates.
    Qubes-Whonix ™ Overview

4. Write and publish a formal introduction to the new Whonix Qubes templates.

FYI:

I’m freed up again and am now back to working on these Whonix projects.

[quote=“WhonixQubes, post:2, topic:740”]FYI:

I’m freed up again and am now back to working on these Whonix projects.[/quote]

:slight_smile:

Glad to hear! :slight_smile:

Just a very small note. Depending on whether you wish to maintain the current installation method or not or maintain both - up to you - I am neutral here… Just in case case you want to deprecate it at some point, rather than puring old documentation, please move old instructions to:

Thanks guys! Glad to be back. :smiley:

[quote=“Patrick, post:4, topic:740”][quote author=WhonixQubes link=topic=812.msg5955#msg5955 date=1418073168]
3. Transition the Whonix Qubes Install Guides over to the new templates.
[/quote]
Just a very small note. Depending on whether you wish to maintain the current installation method or not or maintain both - up to you - I am neutral here… Just in case case you want to deprecate it at some point, rather than puring old documentation, please move old instructions to:
https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Deprecated[/quote]

I thought about it, but once I publicly leak test nrgaway’s implementation, I see no value in maintaining my original HVM implementation.

Compared to nrgaway’s natively integrated Whonix Qubes, my obsoleted HVM configuration is a real piece of crap that is hard and slow to setup, has unfixed problems (no transport, no audio, etc), consistently gets in the user’s way, causes a high rate of support requests, and is destined to not be used by hardly any sane person going forward with a native Whonix Qubes alternative in play now.

I will be sure to copy the old instructions over to: Outdated, Deprecated, Archived Whonix ™ Documentation.

On a personal note, I’ve been in pure computing bliss since recently switching my main systems over to the new native Whonix Qubes. It is so AWESOME to have Qubes + Whonix working so tight and fluid together.

Perpetual thanks to nrgaway…

while ( 1 == 1 ) {
  print "THANK YOU NRGAWAY!!!";
}

:smiley: