Misunderstandings with Proxychain

I would to have some clarifications on proxychain. I try to explain with a tutorial for proxychain on Kali Linux that I found on line, I assume it is almost the same

‘’'after you pick up the chain option I need to add proxies, if you scrool down proxychains.conf you find something like this :

ProxyList format

type host port [user pass]

(values separated by ‘tab’ or ‘blank’)

Than I see the proxylist where we can add our proxies:

[ProxyList]

add proxy here …

meanwile

defaults set to “tor”

socks4 127.0.0.1 9050

( 1 ) Must I set 9050 or 9051? )

‘‘Ok after the last line “socks4 127.0.0.1 9050″ (do not DELETE that!) we add our proxies. We can find those with a simple search on google.’’

( 2 ) If I have a vpn I add the ip and port of vpn, right? )

‘‘After we finished our configuration, we save the file. Now it’s time to run the program.’’

“root@bt: proxychains firefox site.com” (this command tells the proxychains program that after he passed trough the proxies you added in the proxychains.conf file to connect to the “site.com” via firefox)

1. everytime I want to use the site I have to set this? And what should I have to write insted of ‘‘root@bt’’, ‘‘su’’?

“root@bt: proxyresolv targethost.com” (this command is used to resolve host names via proxy or tor)

Must I write this command too, in combo with that above? Anytime ( I want to use vpn and not tor ) ?

Have you seen Features and Advantages already?

Yes I have seen it.
But I don’t understand how to use proychain… I have to write ‘‘sudo proxychain + name application’’ to go troutght the proxy I have choosed?
And when I install something on Whonix, must I configure something to r it make it go trought tor, or it goes via Tor by default?
Thanks Patrick, I will really appreciate if you clarify this

sudo not necessarily required. Depends on what you want to do. It’s just “proxychains program”. See “man proxychains”. There are no parameters. Just proxychains config file. There are usage examples here:

All goes through Tor by default (TransPort), but it’s better to configure proxy settings for better Stream Isolation.