Long Wiki Edits Thread

That would be an exclusive permission (full terms and conditions unclear, perhaps revokeable…) which doesn’t extend to anyone who would want to fork that text. Would still be proprietary (copyrighed) as per copyright laws default. Proper Open Source projects, specifically bigger ones, don’t accept content/contributions without crystal clear licensing.

chroot is not a security feature.

related:

The tor package by default already comes with:

• /lib/systemd/system/tor@default.service various systemd hardening
  • /etc/apparmor.d/system_tor an apparmor profile.

That is sandboxing. Potential enhancements should be contributed upstream.

A custom chroot solution would be weaker and more stability fragile.

Could you review Bitcoin: Difference between revisions - Whonix please? @HulaHoop

Rejected. We don’t add obscure altcoins to our wiki (which implies endorsement) just because they slapped on a buzzword (in this case “quantum”) on their website.

I have no idea what the qualifications of the people behind is or what their motives are.

1 Like

For reference, was about this edit:
Bitcoin: Difference between revisions - Whonix

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: New page for Bitcoin and quantum threat

New wiki chapter:
Onion v2 Deprecation

new wiki page:

made a change with the installation command and i added apparmor-utils because it doesnt come by default with debian and without it “aa-enforce” command is not there.

1 Like

Great. Reminded me to update chapter AppArmor Notifications and document apparmor-notify.

new wiki chapter:
Tor Generic Bug Reproduction

Moved all discussion duplicated in this forum thread exclusively here:

New wiki page:

(Similar to:

)

Updated:

4 posts were split to a new topic: Debian bullseye port

I gather Kicksecure doesn’t have an official logo yet?

http://www.dds6qkxpwdeubwucdiaord2xgbbeyds25rbsgr73tbfpqpt4a6vjwsyd.onion/wiki/Kicksecure

How about a News post requesting interested designers come up with one and they can be attributed as the designer forever more? The post can be modeled on the one where you asked for Whonix logo redesign ideas.

Also, I think you mentioned recently that you were slowing down with Tor releases in Whonix. However, the latest Tor stable is now up to 4.6.6 (or thereabouts), so I wonder if that decision will be reviewed?

1 Like

new wiki page:

Indeed.

I am wondering if it’s better to wait until the kicksecure.com domain is ready. It’s done but hidden behind http simple authentication. Otherwise that would confuse search engines.

Rewriting the whole wiki though to remove anonymity aspects and make it security only is a big effort and progress is slow unfortunately.

What I’d like to avoid is anyone confusing Whonix vs Kicksecure.