Is there a way to update the bridges being used?

I am hoping there is a single command I can issue that will update the tor bridges, so that I can add that command to a cron

What do you mean by update Tor Bridges? Replace all existing bridges with new ones? Even if you wanted to use a new Bridge say, around the time Tor entry guards would rotate ( primary lifetime of 120 days). I think it would be OK to keep them for a while since there are default multiple bridges included with Whonix.

Not sure if there is a single command to rotate just bridges. Even to remove Tor state (or bridges), then running Whonixsetup (or add new bridges) requires interaction with the konsole.

ok, Thank you, I will figure something out =]

Self Support First Policy for Whonix applies because of Frequently Asked Questions - Whonix FAQ.

Because of Whonix - Overview any solution that would work for Debian will also work for Whonix. Just replace the config file name which as of Whonix 14 is /usr/local/etc/torrc.d/50_user.conf. (Can be found here :Tor Documentation for Whonix Users)

Changing bridges by cron… I don’t think I saw any bridge cycling advice from Tor Project.

Good read on some background:

Which comes with some interesting quotes:

The following is a reminder about bridge versus non-bridge anonymity: [3]

Bridges are less reliable and tend to have lower performance than other entry points. If you live in a uncensored area, they are not necessarily more secure than entry guards.

Hey Patrick, Thank you for the links, I will review them now =]