[graphical gui] Whonix Setup Wizard / Anon Connection Wizard - Technical Discussion

tor-connection-wizard will be a more descriptive name!

I thought the reason why we did not do it earlier was because Tor trade mark concern? Is it resolved? If so, I am more than happy to see it being renamed!

1 Like

That’s the question. So you don’t remember having that permission? Hm. Could you create a torproject ticket for that please and cc arma (Roger) asking for that permission?

1 Like

Done!

1 Like

TODO:

1. Getting anon-connection-wizard into menu so that user can start it through the menu. Currently, it can be start using sudo anon-connection-wizard, but it is not good in terms of usability.

2. Document anon-connection-wizard in Whonix Wiki.

iry:

TODO:

1. Getting anon-connection-wizard into menu so that user can start it through the menu. Currently, it can be start using sudo anon-connection-wizard, but it is not good in terms of usability.

I guess you can copy/learn from whonix-setup-wizard.

1. Document anon-connection-wizard in Whonix Wiki.

Yeah.

And somehow sorting out whonix-setup-wizard vs anon-connection-wizard as
discussed earlier.

1 Like

UX related Tor ticket:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your instructions, @Patrick !

Done:

I am not sure if I can do this myself. If not, could you please help me to create an empty anon-connection-wizard Wiki page, @Patrick?

Thank you very much for your help!

1 Like

Yes, new page creation is restricted to block spam (most spam bots use new page creation).

Page created:

1 Like

Thank you very much, Patrick!

Could you please help to create a template called “Anon_Connection_Wizard” please?

Or is it possible/okay to grant me some privilege to create templates? (I can definitely do a request every time I would like to create a page, but I do not want to consume your time too much. )

1 Like

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Template:Anon_Connection_Wizard

Sure. You’re wiki admin now. Can create any page / template. However, edits go live instantly. I wouldn’t know quickly how to combine both.

1 Like

Thank you very much, @Patrick!

I did not notice that it will not be reviewed by you if I became the admin. I will keep a record of every change I made to the wiki. And please let me know if there is anything I write that is misleading. I am more than happy to correct it!

Changes I made on Wiki:

I actually have no idea if this is the correct step:

If you are using a graphical Whonix-Gateway, complete the following steps:
Start Menu → Applications → System → Anon Connection Wizard

Could you please help to confirm that, @Patrick ?

Done: Anon Connection Wizard - Whonix

I will add more necessary information and details to the page in the future.

iry:

Changes I made on Wiki:
Template:Start Anon Connection Wizard - Whonix

I actually have no idea if this is the correct step:

If you are using a graphical Whonix-Gateway, complete the following steps:
Start Menu → Applications → System → Anon Connection Wizard

Could you please help to confirm that, @Patrick ?

Looks good.

1 Like

https://github.com/Whonix/anon-connection-wizard/blob/master/etc/anon-connection-wizard - This won’t work. File path has to be in /etc/sudoers.d folder.

https://github.com/Whonix/anon-connection-wizard/blob/master/etc/anon-connection-wizard - Could you please avoid using the asterisk * Please see:

1 Like

Could you please update anon-connection-wizard/anon-connection-wizard.8.ronn at master ¡ Kicksecure/anon-connection-wizard ¡ GitHub?

Added some packaging fixes to git master.

1 Like

Maybe we should not use sudo but use kdesudo.

Install Additional Software Safely

It’s not clear if this is still true. kdesudo certainly complicates things (dependencies). Could you research this please / ask on the Debian users mailing list if that advice is still required?

1 Like

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback, @Patrick !

I will be working on these issues!

1 Like

There were some anonymous edits improving the wording of the page.

And I added seo tags for oneboxing.

1 Like