In light of recent activities, this is a suggested wiki page and/or post pinned to the forums. Thoughts?
(I ripped off the relevant guidelines from Twitter and reworded).
Whonix Platform Goals
Developers believe that everyone has the right to private and secure browsing, communications, and hosting of services on the Internet. The Whonix platform has been expressly created to achieve these intended goals. As outlined on the [[Main_Page|Main Page]], the primary user groups are:
- People who value privacy as a fundamental right.
- Average computer users in repressed or censored environments.
- Investigators and whistle-blowers.
- Researchers, government officials and business-people.
- Political activists.
If there is any doubt, Whonix was never designed to hide users who engage in criminal/unlawful acts. Neither was it intended for abusive users who wish to anonymously harass others, or otherwise undertake legally or morally questionable behaviors.
Whonix Forum Goals
Reminder: The primary forum aims include: education, fostering innovation and cooperation, resolution of Whonix problems, further improvement of Whonix security and privacy for all users, and assistance to individuals so they can safely achieve their (legal) goals.
Before engaging in the forums or requesting assistance, first thoroughly search the Whonix documentation. Many common questions have already been addressed in relevant chapters.
If suitable information cannot be located, please refer to the following rules before posting. Users who violate these rules may have their accounts suspended or deleted without notice.
User Code of Conduct
Do not post topics or information which:
- Violate trademarks or copyright.
- Include graphic content. For example, pornographic or excessively violent media or images.
- Are intended to further unlawful/illegal activities. For example, anonymous purchase of drugs or information about hacking.
- Abuse other users, for example:
– Violent threats.
– Incitement or engaging in targeted abuse or harassment of others.
– Hateful conduct promoting violence or threats based on race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability or disease.
- Reveal private information of other users.
- Impersonate other users.
- Encourage self-harm or suicide.
- Promote or invite spam. This includes:
– Selling Whonix usernames or other account information.
– Promotion or sale of illegal items or services. For example, fake or skimmed passports or licenses, hacked personal/financial/other data, hacking services, weapons, prostitution services, drug websites and so on.
– Repeatedly post information unrelated to Whonix and associated activities, or duplicating content across sub-forums.
– Purposefully post false or misleading content/links.
– Promote third-party software or services purely for personal benefit.
Users who create multiple accounts to sidestep these rules will also be banned.
This list is inexhaustive. The moderators reserve the right to remove material and ban user accounts which engage in inappropriate or illegal behavior which fall outside of these guidelines.
If you have any questions or suggested improvements regarding this Code of Conduct, please contact the moderators in the first instance.