[HOME] [DOWNLOAD] [DOCS] [NEWS] [SUPPORT] [TIPS] [ISSUES] [DONATE]

Fishing for Workstations every hour on the hour.

I had qvm-service -e --verbose sys-net clockync on

That syncs the system clock to the sys-net every hour on the hour. For the last week or so I had some, unrelated to whonix software, complain “clock-skew” and some was getting knock out.

Yesterday I realized that the hacker was fishing for a Whonix Workstation that was on. It got one even when no user software was on. I had to kill that workstation. Will see if anything else was affected.

See this please:

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Malware#Indicators_of_Compromise

What appears to aleviate the problem is to use Disks (gnome-disk-utility) and edit xvda partitions with hide from firmware but that works only after all connections are made. It does interfere with grecexec. Anyway I turned off the clock updates. I would appreciate in future editions to have different file systems. All my HVMs do (btrfs, xfs etc). I install on a partition of a off-line machine and dd to a HVM template.

My previous comment still applies.

All my HVMs do (btrfs, xfs etc). I install on a partition of a off-line machine and dd to a HVM template.

Off-topic. Up to Qubes. Not Whonix. Check Qubes issue tracker if they
have an existing discussion on that subject.

[Imprint] [Privacy Policy] [Cookie Policy] [Terms of Use] [E-Sign Consent] [DMCA] [Investors] [Priority Support] [Professional Support]