Download file for Virtualbox for Mac is not complete?

I’ve tried to download both the workstation 12 and gateway 12 but both of them stop at 268,3Mb and they should be 1,5 and 1,6Gb? VirtualBox gives an error that it can’t make file…

File is not complete I guess? Could you fix this quickly because I would really like to try using both off them?

I could not find any other way to inform you about this.

Thank you in advance!

Good day,

the files are definitely not complete. How did you download them? Normally, such issues don’t exist. Did you try downloading them a second time? Furthermore, please always verify them.

Have a nice day,

Ego

I downloaded them with safari from this page Whonix ™ for Windows, macOS, Linux inside VirtualBox 2 separate times other time by normally clicking the download link and the second time save as… Same result both times.

Tor browser stops at 256Mb…

Good day,

odd. Will try it with my iMac tomorrow myself to see wether I can replicate this or not.

Have a nice day,

Ego

Ok thank you.

Just for the testing I did just try to download windows version and it stopped too at 268,3Mb…

//cc @fortasse

I think I’ve deployed a fix. Sorry for the trouble. Can you test again @MK71? I’ll edit with a confirmation when I download a complete OVA.
EDIT: Fix confirmed. Again, sorry for the trouble.
EDIT2: Oh, and thanks for the bug report. We just reworked our download infrastructure, so it’s helpful when people report issues.

1 Like

Ok thank you!

I started downloading both of them and now download shows the size of ova so it should be ok. Though ova sizes are bigger now than mentioned on the site gateway is 1,83Gb and workstation is 2,1Gb.

I will be back after the download and verification.

Verification failed on both of them… :frowning:

Mac:downloads home$ gpg --verify-options show-notations --verify Whonix-Workstation-.ova.asc Whonix-Workstation-.ova
gpg: Signature made Mon Nov 16 18:12:18 2015 EET using RSA key ID 77BB3C48
gpg: Good signature from “Patrick Schleizer adrelanos@riseup.net” [unknown]
gpg: Signature notation: issuer-fpr@notations.openpgp.fifthhorseman.net=6E979B28A6F37C43BE30AFA1CB8D50BB77BB3C48

gpg: Signature notation: file@name=Whonix-Workstation-12.0.0.3.2.ova

gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 916B 8D99 C38E AF5E 8ADC 7A2A 8D66 066A 2EEA CCDA
Subkey fingerprint: 6E97 9B28 A6F3 7C43 BE30 AFA1 CB8D 50BB 77BB 3C48

Good day,

why? Everything checks out the way it’s supposed to, you may compare it with this: Verify the virtual machine images using the command line - Whonix

Have a nice day,

Ego

1 Like

Ok So it does! My mistake I did not look that infoa careful enough.

Thank you and have nice day!