- I’m just getting into the use of whonix.
- I read most of the documentation, except the parts for advanced linuxusers, which I am not.
- I downloaded the images, signatures and checked them.
- I then simply imported the images to virtual box and started both.
- I didn’t change anything in the TOR-configuration. I’m used to using the Tor-Browser-Bundle.
When I open both VMs now and check my IP inside the Whonix-Workstation with different Websites designed for that purpose, I get different IPs back.
Did I miss something important in the documentation? Is this supposed to be this way? If it is, why?
I also checked the IP of my Host-OS, and I get another different result back, which is my own real IP, so it seems that I’m “anonymous” but I’m still confused.
I’d appreciate your help