Whonix Wiki Download Docs News Support Tips Issues Contribute DONATE

Derivative Maker Automated CI Builder

“Diet” builds for commits are taking about 70 minutes…Full builds with tags are taking about 115 minutes.

Maybe once I get the GUI and WATs running, we can add some cores to the box and parralellize the builds so they dont take so long

2 cores build the workstation, 2 cores build the gateway or something like that

1 Like

@Patrick PR up for ya

1 Like

Thank you! Merged.

Now that we have CI for commits and tags, I am going to work on having WATS run every time a tag is pushed…then I will work on making WATS more robust

Planning to try to get some of that automated testing fired up this weekend. I might make a new repo based off the fork you have in your github @Patrick…will research more and hopefully get ya some automated tag testing built in in the not too distant future

1 Like

@Patrick has the CI been useful for you yet? feedback/criticism is welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Extremely useful! Very good contribution. Now I am confident I didn’t break the build since I would get an e-mail if something is broken (something as simple as a forgotten git push). Also a good feeling to have a different, more picky build environment to know other stuff such as the mount related stuff is solid.

Could you please update from https://github.com/derivative-maker/derivative-maker to https://github.com/Whonix/derivative-maker?

I think (could def be wrong) this should pretty much work out of the box. I dynamically set all the URLs with built in github environment variables. Maybe allow github actions on the new repo, and push a dummy tag, then I can look at the logs if something breaks?? For now it all seems okay, at least when I run grep -irn 'derivative' ./automated_builder I don’t see anything that should be problematic or break

1 Like

working on getting a fork of WATS running today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woot woot! It is running !!! :raised_hands:

Now I have some cleaning up to do, then will get it to run via CI next, when tags are built :slight_smile:

1 Like