discourse integration - Change Whonix forum software to discourse

Should enable allow_username_in_share_links once that becomes available in the stable version of discourse.

disable you mean?

Should uncheck / remove / disable allow_username_in_share_links once that becomes available in the stable version of discourse so username isn’t added to the link when using the forum’s “share a link” feature.

1 Like

Going to use this forum thread for general forum related updates.

Forums software has been updated just now.

Forums software has been updated just now.

Forums software has been updated.

1 Like

force_https has been enabled. Hopefully this does not break this forums’s .onion.

Due to potential flakyness of this 2FA method, let’s consider (2FA) account recovery.

If someone is a known person or pseudonym, having a usually used e-mail address and OpenPGP (or signify or otherwise) signing key, should I trust that signing key in if there ever is a request to disable 2FA?

Done.

Qubes OS forum works fine without JavaScript enabled, it is possible to search, browse and read threads.

Whonix forum is broken without JavaScript, the site doesn’t load properly at random, and threads don’t load all replies.

Both use Discourse. is it possible to make it so that the Whonix forum is usable without JavaScript? I am not asking for posting, signing up etc, but to read.

Seems like something you could research and report back your contribution :slight_smile:

This was caused by the custom skin for the forums we were using. This has now been reverted. Forums now functional for me without JavaScript.

related:
@webmaster Your discourse instance can be read without JavaScript, how did you do that?

1 Like

Yes the experience seems to line up now. Strangely it doesn’t load the same way every time, giving the impression that it’s broken at first.

Old:

New:

Still buggy

1 Like

The header/footer overlap issue reported by @nurmagoz has been fixed.

1 Like