Cannot write data: Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe)

Hi guys,
I am trying to install Whonix 16 and therefore was following the Wiki-guide.
I have skipped step Importing Whonix ™ VM Templates because I installed Whonix 15 before.

Unfortunately I received the following error when running the Gateway(16) for the first time:

Fehler beim Starten der Details: Cannot write data: Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details.py", line 369, in get_instance
    cls._instances[key] = vmmDetails(vm)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details.py", line 633, in __init__
    self.refresh_vm_state()
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details.py", line 1381, in refresh_vm_state
    reason = self.vm.run_status_reason()
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 1597, in run_status_reason
    self.status(), self.status_reason())
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 310, in status_reason
    self._status_reason = self._backend.state()[1]
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 2706, in state
    if ret is None: raise libvirtError ('virDomainGetState() failed', dom=self)
libvirt.libvirtError: Cannot write data: Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe)

I tried to run the Gateway a second time and now the error does not occur anymore. but I can only see a black screen with a blinking cursor.
My computer is still running on Debian Buster - could this be the problem?
Or is it more likely related to the step I skipped: Importing Whonix ™ VM Templates ?

Any help appreciated!

(EDIT: invalidated links in my post, because not allowed)

The black screen is because as of Bullseye, the Gateway cannot boot a GUI with anything less than 1GB of RAM. I ship with as much RAM as possible to make it work on as many users’ machines as possible. To use the GUI, you need to temporarily raise the RAM and reboot.

1 Like