A start job is running for LSB: Raise network interfer

i have installed airvpn on debian jessie , which is also consist kvm+whonix.

the airvpn has an option called “lock network” which will make all network traffic go through the airvpn and preventing any leak information by disabling IPv6 to prevent any conflict with IPv4.

im using this method in windows witha virtualbox

airvpn + Vbox + whonix = working

but

airvpn + kvm + whonix = not working

and i have got this message at the start up of whonix 11 gateway:-

also i want to ask isnt tor ipv4 ok with ? if so , then why when i close ipv6 tor not working ?

if u r asking what airvpn doing in iptable when the network lock option enabled c this:-

so can i pipe kvm traffics through the host vpn ? because i think this is better than installing the vpn in whonix gateway and leaving the host opened directly to the clearnet

I don’t know about the KVM specificness of this thread. But I can say, that Whonix/Tor works fine without IPv6 on the host - if IPv4 is functional on the host.

Related, maybe applicable security advice here:

• Avoid proprietary (non-Free) software.
  • Avoid unsigned software.

Questions:

• With with your current VPN setup: is IPv4 is functional on the host?
  • kvm + whonix = working?
im using this method in windows witha virtualbox

airvpn + Vbox + whonix = working

but

airvpn + kvm + whonix = not working

Its a problem with running airvpn’s proprietary client on your Linux host. This problem doesn’t have anything to do with the hypervisor you are running. You should stay away from proprietary software.

i have installed airvpn on debian jessie , which is also consist kvm+whonix.

Is it installed on the host? Did you follow their instructions? Looks a bug in their VPN client, please report it to them.

and i have got this message at the start up of whonix 11 gateway:-

http://i.imgur.com/V2EO9WO.jpg

This message is normal and not an error.

so can i pipe kvm traffics through the host vpn ? because i think this is better than installing the vpn in whonix gateway and leaving the host opened directly to the clearnet

Using the VPN feature in Whonix gateway will make things simpler and is the better way to go.

Related, maybe applicable security advice here: - Avoid proprietary (non-Free) software. - Avoid unsigned software.

yeah i dont stick to something unless if find something better than it , so which vpn do u advise to go with ? because i checked this vpn with logs records and who made it …etc u know u just have good impression about. if there r similar or better no problems here.

Questions: - With with your current VPN setup: is IPv4 is functional on the host? - kvm + whonix = working?
  • yep it is functioning
  • yep working if im not activating network lock through vpn
Is it installed on the host? Did you follow their instructions? Looks a bug in their VPN client, please report it to them.

yeah if i didnt find a connection on the host true i would directly do that , but its not working with whonix+kvm , so thought the cause within the kvm traffics

Using the VPN feature in Whonix gateway will make things simpler and is the better way to go.

yeah i know , but i thought protecting host+whonix through one vpn is just giving more security.

anyway i just thought there is going to be instructions that i missed for this, but since there is non then i will use it only on gw or not trying it at all.

recommended:
openvpn + GitHub - adrelanos/vpn-firewall: Leak Protection (Fail Safe Mechanism) for (Open)VPN

No gui, therefore worse usability.