Workstation and Gateway boot up problem.

Hi I am having this error pop up every time I try to start Whonix Workstation or Gate if the other is running as well;

Error starting domain: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: ((null):10328): Spice-Warning **: reds.c:2499:reds_init_socket: listen: Address already in use
2017-07-18T14:10:55.387719Z qemu-system-x86_64: failed to initialize spice server

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py”, line 88, in cb_wrapper
callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py”, line 124, in tmpcb
callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/libvirtobject.py”, line 83, in newfn
ret = fn(self, *args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py”, line 1404, in startup
self._backend.create()
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libvirt.py”, line 1035, in create
if ret == -1: raise libvirtError (‘virDomainCreate() failed’, dom=self)
libvirtError: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: ((null):10328): Spice-Warning **: reds.c:2499:reds_init_socket: listen: Address already in use
2017-07-18T14:10:55.387719Z qemu-system-x86_64: failed to initialize spice server

I am running Parrot Security OS it is based on Debian and it comes with QEMU and KVM already installed so I haven’t had to install it, not sure if this causes the problem?

Any help or ideas as to how to fix this would be great, thanks.

The problem you are seeing was a bug that I saw during the Stretch testing cycle but is now gone when stabilized.

The problem is that Parrot OS is not using Debian Stable but is a franken distro. From what I understand (and I assume the wiki page wasn’t updated after Stretch’s release) they use Debian Testing and a custom kernel - which makes bugs hard to track down and fix. If you need stability please use vanilla Debian stable.

Parrot is based on Debian’s testing branch (stretch), with a custom Linux 4.9 kernel. It follows a rolling release development model.

Yeah I figured it would be something along those lines but hoped it wasnt lol, thanks for the response.