UAE forcing to use routers with backdoor from D-Link UK

I think they just install what is cheaper. Is there any secure routers for this price?
For example in Ukraine, where i am from, ISPs provide routers worth of 20$ mostly. They are barely functional, so security is not about them at all.

install whatever u like but not by FORCING , but at least by ASKING. so “forcing” is the worst move ever they made.

I hated that as well but as it turns out that they don’t force it !
Just call 101 and ask them to disable PNP for your account, it will take around 10-15 minutes to send you the new PPPoE account password. Then you can use whichever router you want.
And you can also flash the router with the default firmware which i did a year ago.
Please let me know if you meed the firmware to flash.

Regards

1 Like

Hi!

So, today, in 2021, is this requesting of PNP removal is still a valid move? If they agree, it means they cannot access my router only, right? All the needed config for the cable that bring in internet from the optic box is still there? Is there something that need to backup before proceeding?

I’m using the DIR-853ET (ET = Etisalat) for receiving internet and then giving it to my expensive AP. everything in my home connects to the expensive AP. I’ve disabled the WiFi on DIR-853ET.

Afaik is no, Its not mandatory anymore.

Download and install/upload Dlink firmware (original firmware), Thats better. (though using proprietary generally is a bad idea)