Tor Browser keeps enabling Javascript globally

It doesn’t happen every time, but every so often when I start up TorBrowser and begin browsing my favorite hidden services, I’ll be alerted that I have Javascript enabled.

I keep going into the settings, and changing the default profile to not allow anything. But it only lasts for a few restarts, then reverts to the useless “Enable JS Globally” as the default.

I am using the new TorBrowser 8 alpha/beta.

Very frustrating. I am very concerned that I have javascript enabled randomly.

Could you report this to Tor Project if no one else has done so yet please as per Free Support for Whonix ™ and then reference that discussion here?

1 Like

Link to file report with TorProject?

Link to existing bug report (if already existing) or link to your new bug report.

Yeah, I just need to know where to go to file a bug report. If you have a link for me to follow, that’d be greatt thanksss

That’s what I was looking for. tyvm. Will file report now.

EDIT Nope

TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation on Ticket #None. You don't have the required permissions.

Create an account.

First thing I did.

Account is LakeMonster. Said I was logged in when I was attempting to create the ticket.

Please contact Tor Project on the mailing list, by e-mail or IRC to sort out the trac issue and maybe also the original issue.

And when opening a new TorBrowser wnidow, NoScript is reverted to “allow” in the default setting. Despite the original window remaining in “disabled”.

Incredibly frustrating. Is it possible to revert from 8.0a9 to 7.5.6?

Is it possible to backup profile and bookmarks?

Hi LakeMonster

I believe you can find the Tor Browser profile along with bookmarkbackups in /home/user/.tb/tor-browser/Browser/TorBrowser/Data/Browser/profile.default

You can also find profile by punching in about:profiles in the TBB address bar.

You can then make a backup using .tar or what ever backup method you would like.

I’m sure you know this is coming :slight_smile:

Using bookmarks is strongly discouraged because it can degrade anonymity by making your Tor Browser profile more unique

Off-topic:

There is a great thread on Whonix forums about using multiple Tor Browser profiles. Thought you might be interested.

https:forums.whonix.org/t/tor-browser-tbb-profile-with-custom-about-config-settings/4888