Pending upgrade to Stretch and W14

When can we expect an upgrade to Whonix 14 (D-Stretch)? Since some tests have already been carried out and already a Bugs (Tor) have been resolved. Thank you very much for answering!

ef86

Hi ef86

If you are using Qubes OS

No changes

Whonix 14 stretch release: As soon as the developers know… so will we. (for all hypervisors)

3 Likes

Hallo dear 0brand.

No, I do not work with Qubes. I work with Linux / Debian and VirtualBox. Thanks for the article link and the following explanation. It seems that it will take some time yet.

ef86

Hi ef86

If Whonix 14 was released for just VirtualBox, it would cause chaos. All hypervisors have to be upgraded to Whonix 14 at the same time.

You can still test Whonix 14 until its blessed stable if you’d like. That way you can become more familiar with it.

2 Likes

Dear 0brand.

I also think that then there will be some chaos. Until then, I’ll get into Whonix14 for a while. Is there already a download link?

ef86

Hi ef86

I had forgotten there was a bug in Whonix VirtualBox 14.0.0.7.3 (testers version) This version cannot be used for testing. It will have to wait until Whonix VirtualBox 14.0.0.7.4 - Call for testers wanted. I’m very sorry.

This is the thread the bug was reported. Please do not try to use the link to the Whonix image. It will not function properly.

https://forum.whonix.org/t/whonix-virtualbox-kvm-14-0-0-7-3-testers-wanted/5189

2 Likes

Dear 0brand.

Thanks for the information and for the link. I have not felt so good about Jessie for a long time. That’s why you should change to stretch as quickly as possible.

It will have to wait until Whonix VirtualBox 14.0.0.7.4 - Call for testers wanted

I’m waiting, too!

ef86

1 Like

@ef86

The latest Whonix VirtualBox/KVM testers version was just released. :slight_smile:

https://forums.whonix.org/t/whonix-virtualbox-kvm-14-0-0-7-4-testers-wanted/5289

4 Likes

Great 0brand! :wink:

Thank you for the information. I will now go to the test environment. If I find any mistakes, I will discuss these here.

ef86