Multiple gateway question

I asked a question yesterday about running two workstations yesterday each with their own hidden service and it seems it is safer to run two gateways each with their own workstation.

I have followed the wiki but my second gateway won’t connect to tor.

On my orginal gateway it has two NIC.

First points virtual network external NAT
Second is Interanl: Isolated network, interla and host routing only

On my cloned gateway I have both NIC pointing to the new interal2 network I created with Isolated network, internal and host routing only

Do I need to change the first NIC to external NAT on gateway 2 also? I set both NIC to internal2 as it did not mention setting any to external whilst reading the wiki

Yes.

Thanks that seems to have worked one final question. My computer has 8 cores. Is it best to keep each workstation and gateway set to use 1 each or would it be more efficient to set the workstations to use 2 or 3?

Never attempted to run this type of setup before.

The default config I’ve chosen is for each VM to use a separate core to mitigate against potential crypto sidechannels. I find 1 core enough for most basic tasks. Sometimes you might want to push it up to 2 for the WS if there is a heavier workload you want to do. Hopefully with XFCE transition the base resource use will go down even more, giving you more bang for each core.