Livestream NOW!

Originally published at: News - Whonix Forum

Patrick and I are going stream ourselves NOW under this address: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh6htf3E721zcvahGLxFl9w/live

If you’d like to join us, we’d be very grateful. Furthermore, this will be our first Patreon Stream. If you want to support us on Patreon, click here.

Remember that to watch the stream via the Tor Browser Bundle, you should set the Security Settings to Low (default).

Also, if you would like to talk to us or ask us a question, you may either post it in this thread, ask directly via the Youtube Chat or join us via OTR. To join us via OTR, simply sent a message to egowhonix@jabber.at via OTR.

1 Like

So how did it go? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good day,

Thanks for asking. Well, we (or rather I) had a little connection issue at the end though otherwise it worked quite flawlessly considering the restraints we had to deal with. The discussion were definitely very interesting and may be watched after the fact here: Whonix Live - YouTube

We actually even touched briefly on the Subgraph story you posted a few days ago, with me mainly getting rather annoyed, not because of the issue itself, but because of the reaction by the developers…

All in all it was quite a pleasent experience, even if there were one or two problems and there weren’t that many people tuning in.

Have a nice day,

Ego

1 Like

Thanks.

A pity more people didn’t tune in.

Perhaps because it was announced on short notice. Anyway, good effort to spread the word!

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @Ego !

Thank you very much for your great work and effort! I really like the idea about Whonix Live because it is a positive try to make Whonix more popular.

Knowing the potential audiences of the Whonix Live may be helpful to the popularity of Whonix Live. Most of the people who use YouTube to search things related to Whonix may not be very technical-minded. Instead, they may just be some people who are curious about Whonix but do not what to spend their time in reading the documentation on Whonix website.

The high click rate of those videos showed up on Youtube when searching “Whonix” proves that Whonix related videos can be really popular. However, since those video’s makers may not be a Whonix expert, like you, those videos may even be misleading sometimes.

Therefore, it may be a good idea to make some official introductory-level Whonix videos. BTW, because of a lot of reasons, I personally prefer taking video form materials only as a kind of
advertisement that attract more people learning about Whonix, instead of taking them as serious educational materials. Those really educational materials should be presented in literal form, like the Whonix Wiki.

I am really looking forward to hearing your opinions.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Good day,

Thanks for your recommendations. There has already been some thought made in the direction you recommended, i.e. making official guides. However at the moment we felt like since the overhead and General effort which goes into making something like this properly is better spent on more pressing issues, like Usability and other improvements, this hasn’t been a priority at the moment. I for one may consider something like it in the future, if I find the time.

Have a nice day,

Ego

2 Likes