I need some help

Hello guys:)
Whonix is a great project, and I would like to translate the website into Chinese in order to help more people stay anonymous online. I’ve already registered to whonix wiki(my username is 2xiangzi by the way), however, I’ve been mentioned ”Saving the translation failed: You don’t have permission to create new pages“. It seems that I do not have sufficient rights to do the translation:( Would you guys please offer me the permissions to do so? Thank u very much!

Good day,

hi, nice to hear that you would enjoy contributing as well. Please read this first, I’ve written a nice guide on how to translate: Whonix Forum If you’d like to get a certain page marked for translation, just write me a PM on the forum.

Have a nice day,

Ego

Private message not possible:

Good day,

wasn’t aware of that, I’ve now put a mail address in my signature, so anyone may contact me.

Have a nice day,

Ego

Thank u Ego for your great guide.

The problem I meet right now is that I do not have the “new age creation right”. And I believe that Patrick is able to add me the right, since I found a post he wrote:

“We limited the new page creation right, because new page creation is the top source of spam. This allows us to keep anonymous edits allowed. Those fly by edits have shown to be useful. However, these spam protection measures conflict with easy translation. The translation manager and translators require necessary user rights to be able to work.
Long story short, I just now added these rights to your account. Should work now. Please try again.”

So I’m wondering if I have to make a self-introduction to let Administrators trust me or something like that.

Have a nice day, too :slight_smile:

Good day,

for the time beeing, you may tell me which page you would like to translate and I may mark it, either by mail or directly here on the forum.

Have a nice day,

Ego

Hi Ego

I sent you an Email the day before yesterday and since you probably don’t receive it. I’m going to post it on the forum:)

The page I would like to translate first is : Tips on Remaining Anonymous

Thank you for your help

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Good day,

Had a mistake with my mail, should work now. Furthermore, I’ve marked the page for translation, though please, keep in mind, that you’ve to add the “translate and language tags” first, which is something, you may do as well and which is explained in detail, in my guide.

Have a nice day,

Ego

Hello Ego
Thank you for marking the page for translation. It seems that someone have already helped me add the “translate and language tags” .
I clicked on the “Translate this page” link, switched the “translate to” button to “Chinese”, and started my translation, only to find that the system still mentioned me that “saving the translation failed: You don’t have permission to create new pages”.
Can you help me with the problem?
Thank you very much

Good day,

sorry, had to manually set Chinese, should work now.

Have a nice day,

Ego

Good day, Ego

I tried it again. The system still mentioned me that “saving the translation failed: You don’t have permission to create new pages”, though the Chinese version page have been set up.

The basic information of my account indicates that “Member of groups: Autoconfirmed users, Users” do I have to be added into translator group?

Have a nice day:)

Good day,

are you sure that you tried translating the “中文” site and not any of the four other (中文(中国大陆), 中文(台灣), 中文(新加坡), 中文(香港)) sites? Because otherwise, I’ll have to look into the extension again, which would be obscure, since I’ve checked some time ago, whether you may translate without a “specially treated” account.

Have a nice day,

Ego

Good day, Ego

I’m sure that the site I’m going to translate is “中文” site and not any of the four other (中文(中国大陆), 中文(台灣), 中文(新加坡), 中文(香港)) sites.

Maybe you can try typing some words on the page below to see whether the extension works or not, for me, it doesn’t work:(

https://www.whonix.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-DoNot&action=page&filter=&language=zh

Thank you again:)

Good day,

I’ll have to look into this, I’ll write again, once I’ve found a solution.

Sorry, for the inconvenience,

Ego

Ego, may I suggest please to create a secondary account? EgoUser or something like this. The purpose of the user account would be to test how things look from the ponit of view of a user.

Good day,

did that now (Ego2) and right out of the gate, I’ve found some really obscure behaviour. If Ego2 tries to translate anything on the page, which hasn’t been translated before by Ego, it won’t be saved with the nice “You don’t have permission to create new pages” message. If however, I try to edit a part, which has been translated by someone else before, it gets saved no questions asked. So, this is the status quo:

So, once someone has marked a page for translation, he/she also is forced to manually input text in each section, so other people may translate it. And that for EVERY language manually… And, is far as I can tell, this is actually intentional, so there is no way of “fixing” it…

Have a nice day,

Ego

If it would help, we could also grant the new page creation right to translators.
That feature has been mainly disabled because it stops a lot automated spam.

Good day,

as far as I’m concerned, that would be like trading one issue for another one. So, airtight control would be necessary, over those translating.

Have a nice day,

Ego

Good day,

@2xiangzi: First, thanks of all for the translations you’ve done up to this point, it’s very much appreciated. Furthermore, you’re now a member of the translator group and may translate whatever you want. If you still run into problems, just ask me.

Have a nice day,

Ego

We now have…

Isn’t https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Lantern/en created by mistake, superfluous and should be deleted?