Display problems in V14 workstation

Somehow my workstation display got messed up, and I can’t figure out how to correct it.

What happens is when the workstation boots up, after the login information goes past I get a black window with the K over the gear logo on it, then the screen minimizes down to the toolbar. The crazy thing is that while the tool bar for the Workstation shows up, it’s the host OS’s desktop that’s showing.

So on my screen right now is the black background of my host OS with it’s icon’s, along with the Virtualbox window up. On the VB Preview window is the nice preview of workstation’s rainbow background. Down at the bottom of that is the workstation’s white toolbar, (with the K&gear beside it.

If I move my mouse down to the bottom of the screen the black toolbar from the host OS pops up over top of the white one from the workstation. If I click on any of the workstation’s quick links they will launch and run, but over the top of the host machine’s background. I can’t get at the workstation’s desktop for anything.

I tried going into the VB settings for the workstation and trying every combination of User Interface options and Video options I could think of. I compared everything to my Gateway’s settings and they are all the same.

I’m at a loss as to what else to try.

Thanks in advance.

Ted

Might be useful:

http://dds6qkxpwdeubwucdiaord2xgbbeyds25rbsgr73tbfpqpt4a6vjwsyd.onion/wiki/System_Requirements#Non-Qubes-Whonix_System_Requirements

Could be a RAM or similar issue? I’m sure VirtualBox forums will be full of similar tales.

1 Like