addings platform logos to the supported platform table on the Whonix main page

Continuing the discussion from using logos for Whonix discourse forum categories:

Currently experimenting logos for the supported platform table on the main page.

I failed so far to find a legally redistributable Mac OS logo. Suggestions welcome for the remaining ones, i.e. x86 compatible etc.

1 Like

Good day,

regarding Mac OS, I may be able to create something presentable, I’ll post it here once it’s finished.

Have a nice day,

Ego

1 Like

this link i think u have uploaded the wrong KVM picture.

but it looks fantastic

This is what I done to get a small KVM logo without text: using logos for Whonix discourse forum categories - #48 by Patrick

Great! Please make sure to not violate the license rights. Even if you recreate it from scratch, they may still have a copyright on the idea/design. I guess you know what I mean.

yeah but the photo of kvm which in the table of this link:-

has not been cut ?

instead it shows ths one:-

It has been cut. There is a problem with caching. Caching issues go away when you login. Anyhow. Whonix ™ - Anonymous Operating System is now up to date. https://www.whonix.org will take some longer.

Added on all the above noted pages. You can see it in action here:

does it appear to u on mac field ? i cant really c it.

Good day,

it does, it’s just very small and hard to distinguish between the white background. Might create a more “contrast heavy” version, once I have a few minuites to spare.

Have a nice day,

Ego

Maybe make it thicker.

Good day,

so two weeks later, I did find a few minutes. Here is a version of the “X-Logo”, which should have the thickness to be more visible, even when it is downsized. Also used a completley different color scheme, to make it appear darker, so the contrast to the white background should be stronger.

Here you go:

To be honest, I’m not as happy with it, compared to the other one, though it at least should be visible.

Licensing:

Creative Commons License
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://pixabay.com/de/bokeh-tapete-farbe-design-hell-560460/.

Have a nice day,

Ego

2 Likes

Wow! Looks great!

Could you add it to the wiki please?

(I guess when you do it, you will be fine with licensing and attribution.)

Good day,

just done, seems to be far more visible.

Have a nice day,

Ego

1 Like

it looks awesome :+1: