Access Innovation Prize

Tails just won 50k as the winner of the 2014 Access Innovation Prize. Congratulations!

Something to keep an eye out in 2016. Whonix could go far.
https://www.accessnow.org/prize

I’ve got an e-mail, was invited to participate, did participate, but didn’t win anything.

Tails has the far better social ties. And Bruce Schneier is a Tails user. No chance here.

There are a lot other funds which would be worth asking. This process is like bureaucracy. Takes up a lot time. I guess I need a partner being up for such tedious work. In the beginning there wouldn’t be any payment. First task would be to sort out founding. In the calculation, own payment can be included. Once the founding is sorted out, task will be to keep in touch with founds, work on documentation, user support, advocating (speaking) for Whonix in public at conferences, possibly code (but I guess we have place for one none-code job as well), making vidoes, and what I don’t have in mind for now. Needless to say, this can not be done anonymously. Maybe I soon write a blog post about this. Jason could be a good candidate of this.

First task would be to sort out founding. In the calculation, own payment can be included. Once the founding is sorted out, task will be to keep in touch with founds, work on documentation, user support, advocating (speaking) for Whonix in public at conferences, possibly code (but I guess we have place for one none-code job as well), making vidoes, and what I don't have in mind for now. Needless to say, this can not be done anonymously. Maybe I soon write a blog post about this. Jason could be a good candidate of this.
While Jason already has been mentioned, I nevertheless ask flat out: Are you considering applications for this? That is to say, I'd herewith like to announce that I'm interested in this!

@Jason
This is not at all to under-estimate your person and/or your position/role within Whonix Project. Please don’t get me wrong here.

I am writing a “job” description for this. “job” in quotes, since this is more like a project offer.

Glad to see that the AIP is going towards helping the little guy in this field. It’s not like the lesser-known-but-more-ambitious-and-better-potential-project-without-funding-but-doing-it-anyway guy needs any help. #notbitter #there’s-a-german-word-for-that

@Cerb
No offense taken. You have much more enthusiasm for bureaucracy than I do. Imma write something about the job thing soon.

You have much more enthusiasm for bureaucracy than I do.
You must have gotten something rather wrong here. Actually I not at all enjoy bureaucracy.